Golden milk a.k.a Turmeric Milk (haldi ka doodh) is known in Ayurvedic medicine for it’s potent healing properties. It’s a staple elixir in Indian cultures that is used to treat cold symptoms, congestion, sore throat, weak digestion, stagnant liver and more. It’s also a very comforting drink to enjoy whenever you need a nice warm earthy latte.
There are plenty of ways to make turmeric milk or golden milk. In the mornings, I’ll often switch between bulletproof coffee and a golden milk latte. It’s great before bedtime too. Basically, anytime is good time to reap the benefits of golden milk.
Lately I’ve been loving Gaia Herb’s Golden Milk blend because they’ve enhanced the flavor of turmeric with spices like date palm fruit, cardamom seed, vanilla bean and black pepper fruit. Together these ingredients taste like a magical sunrise that warms my body from head to toe. Gaia’s blend is Organic, GMO- free, Soy-free and contains less than 1g sugar.
Benefits of Golden Milk broken down by Gaia Herbs ingredients:
- Turmeric is known as nature’s asprin in Ayurvedic medicine
- Powerful anti-bacteiral, anti-fungal, and anti-carcinogenic, anti-oxidant and antibiotic
- A good herb to take for anyone suffering wtih painful osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Gentle detoxifier to help cleanse the blood and clean out the liver
- Perfect for glowing skin
- Promotes cardiovascular health and immune system health
- Helps increase the absorption of curcumin which is the most active constituent of turmeric known for its high anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
I was super excited when I found out that Gaia herbs included Ashwaganda in their golden milk blend. I also like to incorporate Ashwaganda in my sweets like paleo fudge.
- Ashwagandha (ashwgandi as I like to call it for short) is a powerful adaptogen that supports the overall health of the endocrine system
- Helps reduces the harmful effects of emotional, physical and chemical stress
- Beyond just tasting heavenly, vanilla helps keep the nervous system in balance
- Aphrodisiac properties that induces feelings of pleasure and desire
- Used to treat upset stomach and digestive distress
- Powerful Ayurvedic spice used in many indian dishes to enhance flavor
- Helps improve digestion, reduce flatuence and stomach cramps
- Often used as a remedy for nausea
- Dates are naturally sweet and provide a caramel like flavor
- Date palm fruit is great for blood, bone and immune health
- They also help promote good bacteria in the gut
Indulge in the benefits of golden milk knowing you’re filling your body with good clean fuel.
You can make golden milk with any nut milk of choice: almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk etc. I like to use 8oz of almond milk and a scoop of coconut milk fat.
Note: Turmeric powder does not dissolve in the milk. The spices will settle to the bottom. You can either mix freuqnetly between sips or leave at the bottom.
Gather round with family and friends and sip on some golden milk. It’s pure sunshine in a cup! <3
- 1 cup of nut milk (almond, coconut, cashew, etc..)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil or coconut milk fat
- 1 tsp of Gaia Herbs Golden Milk blend
- Optional: 1 tsp raw honey or stevia
- In a medium pan, warm nut milk and coconut oil (or coconut milk fat) over medium flame
- Continue to heat and add in 1 tsp of Gaia Herbs Golden Milk blend, stir frequently until warm.
- Remove from heat
- Stir in honey or stevia if you want a little extra sweetness
- Pour into a beautiful mug and enjoy immediately!